Please see 'How to make an appointment' tab above for an update on the changes to the appointment system'
We always try to offer an appointment with the doctor/nurse of your choice. If you require an urgent appointment it will help us to have a general idea about the problem so that we can determine whether response by a GP or nurse (see Nurse Acute Appointments below) would be appropriate.
Patients who fail to attend waste 100 or more appointments every single month; please phone and cancel if you are unable to make your appointment.
For online appointment booking, please use the link at the top of the page
Nurse Acute Appointments
Our nurses can deal with a range of conditions which would previously have been dealt with by our GPs. If you ring for an urgent appointment at the surgery you may be asked if you feel the problem can be dealt with by one of the nurses.
The list below is a guide to the conditions they can and cannot deal with.
Suitable for Nurse Appointments:
Children over one year old and adults with
- Earache and acute deafness
- Sore/sticky eyes
- Mouth and tongue conditions
- Rashes, allergic reactions, bites and skin infections
- Cystitis and urinary infections
- Gynaecological infections and emergency contraception
Not suitable for Nurse 'Acute' Appointments:
- Babies under one year old and pregnant women
- Chronic conditions or acute illnesses in patients with complex medical problems
- Medication reviews, sick note renewal or repeat prescriptions
- Mental health problems
- Back pain, muscle and joint problems
- Blood pressure checks, vaccinations, dressings and routine contraceptive advice. (These should be dealt with in routine nurse appointments.)
Sister Julia Bundock is a specialist diabetic nurse, and runs a regular diabetic clinic working alongside chiropody and dietician services for our diabetic patients.
Extended Access Service
- Monday to Friday 18:30pm – 20:00pm – Springs Medical Centre, Ilkley
- Monday 18:30pm – 20:00pm - Townhead Surgery, Settle
- Tuesday 18:30pm – 20:00pm - Ling House Medical Centre, Keighley
- Wednesday & Thursday - 18:30pm – 20:00pm - Dyneley House Surgery, Skipton
- Saturday and Sunday 08:30am – 10:30am Silsden Health Centre
These appointments can be booked in advance or on the same day (Monday – Friday) for a routine medical matter, subject to availability and the reason for your appointment.
How to book:
To book these appointments: speak to your registered GP practice to find out more and easily make an appointment.
Where will the appointment be:
All these appointments will be held at local GP Practices operating as Extended Access Hubs.
What you need to know:
By using this service you are consenting for the Extended Access Hub to have access to your medical records for the purpose of this appointment.